Project Manager/Policy Advisor, Human Rights and Justice
Location : Bratislava, SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Application Deadline : 15-Oct-09
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager/Policy Advisor will cover substantive issues including: facilitate and foster legal empowerment of the poor to ensure that the poor and the disadvantaged can effectively use laws, institutions and public services to fight exclusion and poverty, support to national human rights institutions, a human rights based approach to development, engage with the international human rights machinery and access to justice.
The primary role of the Project Manager/Policy Advisor is to provide support to UNDP Country Offices and other clients upon request in a timely, effective and high quality manner. Support will be provided both directly by the PM/PA and by drawing on the knowledge resources of the BRC and UNDP globally, including human and institutional resources available from other countries of the region and other regions of the world, referred by the Project Manager/Policy Advisor. Additionally, the PM/PA will be involved in knowledge management and conceive, develop and implement KM products through the relevant network of professionals; and build and facilitate the regional Community of Practice.
Summary of key functions:
1. Advisory service and technical assistance to UNDP COs;
2. Policy advice to governments and other stakeholders;
3. Knowledge management, facilitation and continuous building of the regional community of practice on
HR&J. Contributions to global UNDP policy and activities;
4. Project management of the Human Rights and Justice regional portfolio;
5. Resource Mobilization and Partnership
Required Skills and Experience
* University degree (Masters) preferably in international human rights law, development studies or international relations.
* Minimal working experience of 7 years in human rights and justice or related field, and at least 5 years
of experience with international project/programme management. Experience from a country office in the
region is an asset.
* Proficiency in the English language, knowledge of Russian or/and any language of the region is an
More information can be found here: